The earliest known dwellers of the property that is now Minnetonka Christian Camp were the indians that camped along Peal Creek. This is known because many artifacts have been found all across the camp grounds. Flint stone arrowheads have been discovered by many visitors and are still being found today. A treaty of friendship, limits, and accomodation was made between the Chocktaw Nation and the United States at Doak's Stand on October 18th, 1820 for 'consideration' ceded the property where Minnetonka is located to the Choctaw Nation. On January 20th, 1830 in Washington D.C the property was ceded back to the United States by convention between John C. Calhoun as authorized by the President and the Chiefs of the Choctaw Nation. On September 15th, 1830 at Dancing Rabbit Creek the United States, under a grant specially to be made by President John Tyler conveyed to the Choctaw Nation the property. On June 28th, 1898 the Curtis Bill authorized a roll of citizens of the Choctaw and Chickisaw Nations to establish who could select land to homestead. On or about May, 1th 1915 Henry B. and Hattie Boyd purchased 360 acres for $361.40 which included the tracts that Minnetonka sits on. Minnetonka as it currently existswas purchased from Otis and Hazel Amend on September 27th, 1958. Another portion of the property was purchased on July 22nd, 1997 from Don Stewart. On April 23rd, 2001 Minnetonk purchased another portion of property from Roy and Sany Rochell with the final purchase being made from Bobby and Ruth Hampton in May 27th, 2001.